Saturday, July 25, 2020

A real turn up!.

My original plan for this post was to begin my long term project of collecting and documenting the many accounts of the 1619 invasion by the holy Mormon Empire, an undertaking i am well into the act of painting the various forces for).

Burkinshire troops of the early 17th century. (Pendraken, 10mm miniatures).

 That however will have to wait. It has come to light that the small amount of infomation we had been privy to regarding the 1335 2nd war of the massive Faux Pas has been found to be inaccurate!. The esteemed hispurian professor D.D Flatitude has unearthed a large number of documents that if (non)accredited will prove once and for all that the root of the trouble was not the selling of a three legged pig after the noon hour on a tuesday in Dawkinsholme market by the 23rd Lord of Wrippin Pines as previously believed but actually by the misspelling of the name of the town of Bolted Crevice on an official map produced for the crown by the cartographers Pidelage, Wetlegg and Stabber of Dawkinsholme, which if the new infomation is to be trusted led to the 19th lord of Bolted Crevice to exclaim 'Its an insult to my family, my estate and my staff... and my wife...fetch my sword, theres much gutting of utter bas*ards to be done!!'.

The original map produced by Pidelage, Wetlegg and Stabber as found in the new documentation. Notice the extra U in the spelling of Bolted Crevice.

 Its position in Olde Albilande.

 It was this that led to the attack at Rippletons mound which is still reckoned to be the first action of the war. The incident with the pig actually seems to be a deliberate act of defiance in order to 'strike back' at the town of Dawkinsholme, if you will retaliation rather than the simple yet deadly mistake it has been seen as up until now. This would make the forces of Bolted Crevice the agressors rather than the targets of the attack as formally believed!. It is my intention to recreate the war in miniature over the next few months using the new material to guide me in doing so, firstly as i think it would be good to provide a visual account of the various actions of the war but also because if the new found infomation proves to be true i will finally get the drop on that as*hole William P Bry, not first to this one huh?, blo*dy smug git!.

  I hope to have the account of Rippletons mound ready to post as soon as the material discovered by Prof Flatitude have been proved to be (un)factual.

2 comments:

  1. Goodwife, pass me my Killing-Sword, not to be confused with my pig-sticking sword.

    Great stuff Mr Sprinks - those bases look excellent. I'm a sucker for lots of flags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much sir. I have only just started playing with flags. On their own they are a little rough but if you shove enough together they look ok.

      Delete